Retail Associate - Based in Northbrook, IL
Do you want to be the face of PXG?
The Retail Associate is responsible for providing receptionist, retail, and clerical support at our main customer entrance. This role is essentially the “face” of PXG for all visitors and is responsible for providing a positive experience and outstanding first impression. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going style while projecting a confident and professional demeanor. Ability to positively manage customer questions, issues, and complaints while providing a high level of customer service is essential.
- Greet and welcome guests, and provide assistance with questions pertaining to special requests, product information, price, use of merchandise, etc.
- Answer all phone incoming calls in a friendly, warm and helpful manner. Connect callers to the designated team and/or individuals, or take messages as appropriate. Distribute phone messages in a timely manner. Recognize, document and alert management of trends in customer calls.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and purchase/transaction history.
- Assist customers with their retail selections and/or special requests. Track and provide timely updates to the customer on special request items.
- Calculate purchase and tax on customer purchases, accept payment/make a change as necessary. Wrap and/or bag merchandise for customers as necessary.
- Stock shelves, counters and/or tables with merchandise. Set up advertising displays and/or arrange merchandise in a visually pleasing manner to promote sales.
- Stamp, mark or tag prices on incoming merchandise, and as applicable.
- Accept and sign for the delivery of letters, packages etc. and distribute in a timely manner.
- Maintain a proper and accurate record of daily sales, review inventory and stock levels and order merchandise as necessary.
- Maintain daily reconciliation and recording of cash and credit card receipts.
- Maintain front desk and retail showroom in a tidy, clean and orderly manner. Ensure product information is maintained and materials are replenished as necessary.
- Maintain product knowledge and keep up-to-date on PXG/player milestones.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience and Education Required:
- At least 2-5 years in a retail/customer service setting
- Golf industry experience preferred, but not required
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service with great attention to detail; ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities in an effective manner
- Polished and professional demeanor and appearance required
- Ability to be highly punctual and work scheduled hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Strong phone and active listening skills are essential
- Cash management and basic math ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability, and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong multi-tasking, project prioritization, and time management skills are essential
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please note: Position is based in Northbrook, IL.
Job Status: Full Time