Public Relations Specialist - Scottsdale, Arizona
The Public Relations Specialist will be a self-motivated and confident communications professional who is able to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment. Responsible for helping grow brand awareness and product affinity through the production and execution of top-quality content.
Primary duties may include targeted list building, mention reporting, content creation, news release production and identifying unique media and event opportunities. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with exceptional presentation and organizational skills.
- Help create informative and interesting news releases and press materials
- Help create and maintain favorable public image for the company
- Prepare detailed media activity reports
- Support communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions
- Drive efforts to secure earned media coverage
- Assist with vetting requests for appearances, interviews, and event participation
- Conduct detailed research on individuals, organizations and vendors that come into contact with the company and provide background sheets
- Maintain and help develop new relationships with key industry, media and cultural influencers
- Work with different marketing channels to generate new ideas and strategies
- Manage projects to ensure content is publication-ready and delivered in a timely manner
- Coordinate and make travel arrangements for staff, reporters and/or others as directed
- Constantly take initiative, think different, anticipate needs
- Keep abreast of the golf and fashion industries and their competitive trends
- Other tasks as directed
Experience and Education Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Sports Management or other pertinent field.
- At least 4+ years’ of communications and/or project management experience with demonstrated proficiency in public relations.
- Golf or fashion industry experience preferred, but not required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Innate creativity and the ability to develop and position stories that drive conversation
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Job Status: Full Time