Materials Manager - Scottsdale, Arizona
This position is responsible for performing both physical and administrative tasks involved in coordinating the inbound and outbound movement of materials, goods and supplies based on customer needs, inventory targets and production schedules.
- Collaborate with Management to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Manage and safeguard the receiving, warehousing, and distribution of goods while ensuring strict compliance with internal controls through management of Inventory Control functions
- Refine and execute daily inventory cycle count process as well as the annual physical inventory to assure inventory accuracies across multiple warehouses and boutique store locations
- Supervise, evaluate, develop, and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, material quantities, specifications, etc..
- Prepare reports on inventory, material usage and efficiency
- Resolve material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at multiple levels
Experience and Education Required:
- 5-year of experience in same or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management
- CRM/ERP knowledge
- In depth knowledge of supply chain and inventory management systems
- On hand experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinking with problem solving aptitude
- Microsoft Office; Excel
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
This position works in an office/warehouse environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, stand, lift.
Job Status: Full Time