Sales Associate (Northbrook, IL)
This position is responsible for providing front desk, retail, and clerical support. This position will be located at our newly open retail store in Northbrook, Illinois. The role is essentially the “face” of PXG for all customers and is responsible for providing a positive experience and outstanding first impression. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy-going style, be able to multitask while projecting a confident and professional demeanor. Ability to positively manage customer questions and inquiries while providing a high level of customer service.
- Greet and welcome guests, and provide assistance with questions pertaining to special requests, product information, price, use of merchandise, etc.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a friendly, warm and helpful manner. Assist with booking fitting appointments and partner with Master Fitters with follow-up calls (contacting customers when clubs and/or merchandise is ready for pick-up).
- Maintain records of customer interactions and purchase/transaction history.
- Assist customers with retail selections and/or special requests. Track and provide timely updates to customers on special request items.
- Using Fusion RMS, responsible for checking out customers by accepting payment/make change when necessary, taking returns and helping place orders for product. Wrap and/or bag merchandise for customers as necessary.
- Stock shelves, counters and/or tables with merchandise. Set up advertising displays and/or arrange merchandise in visually pleasing manner to promote sales.
- Stamp, mark or tag prices on incoming merchandise.
- Accept and sign for the delivery of letters, packages etc. and distribute in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily reconciliation and recording of cash and credit card receipts.
- Maintain front desk and retail showroom in a tidy, clean and orderly manner. Ensure product information is maintained and materials are replenished as necessary.
- Maintain product knowledge and keep up-to- date on PXG player milestones.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience and Education:
- At least 2-5 years in a retail/customer service setting
- Golf industry experience preferred, but not required
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service with great attention to detail; ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities in an effective manner
- Polished and professional demeanor and appearance required
- Ability to be highly punctual and work scheduled hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Strong phone and active listening skills are essential
- Cash management and basic math ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong multi-tasking, project prioritization and time management skills are essential
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity in all situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook
Job Status: Full Time