Lead Apparel Designer
This position works directly with the President and VP of Apparel along with the design teams in Seoul, Korea and PXG HQ to help facilitate US interests in the production of PXG Apparel Collections produced through our joint venture, PXG Apparel Worldwide (PAW).
- Collaborate with the Apparel and Marketing team to create desirable & marketable collections that fit within target demographic.
- Analyze trends in the fashion markets & competitors’ product strategies to identify beneficial opportunities to implement or improve upon.
- Act as the liaison for all prototypes, fit assessments, lab tests, and other product development/sourcing interfaces.
- Lead design team in partnership with senior leadership to communicate & collaborate on trends, ideas and looks for the US Market.
- Prepare renderings, illustrator views, and other visual tools for presentations and tech packs.
- Follow design production schedules to ensure timely completion of creative and design packages according to the development calendar.
- Work closely with PAW to oversee all tech packs including bill of materials and sample review related to each series and/or season. Measure samples as received.
- Successfully communicate with the design team in Seoul, Korea to collaborate and execute on global design initiatives in a timely manner.
- Measuring, pattern-making and all things related to fit and performance of fit.
- Maintain superior product knowledge.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Education Required:
- Degree in Apparel Design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of direct experience in high end OR sporting goods apparel design
- Strong background in overall fashion design with a strong emphasis on pattern-making and fit
- Golf industry experience highly preferred but not required
- Ability to speak Korean is highly preferred but not required
- Experience with full design process from idea generation to season offerings
- Solid understanding of garment construction and design, and sample evaluations/details
- A professional, positive and “can-do” approach
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter without the need for continual direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong desire to collaborate internally with other teams (Marketing, Operations, Player Support, PAW, etc)
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, Illustrator, and Photoshop (CS Platform), with Mac and/or PC experience
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Periodic trips to Asia will be expected.
Job Status: Full Time