Brand Protection Specialist - Scottsdale, Arizona
Life is short so work somewhere awesome. At PXG, incremental innovation is never an option. We are golfers, designers, and dreamers who will do whatever it takes to deliver game-changing innovation. This position provides a unique opportunity to join a small team to work with and support PXG’s global brand protection efforts. As part of the Legal department and working closely with Sales, Marketing, and other functional areas, this position will build key strategies to combat counterfeit products, infringements, and other unauthorized uses of PXG’s intellectual property across both hard goods and soft goods.
This role will support intellectual property verification efforts, research and audits aligned with the vision of creating the world’s authoritative brand data store and the perfect Brand interaction. In this highly collaborative role, you will establish new standards and guidelines to improve the brand experience. This position will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of policies, processes and tools to address product integrity challenges in collaboration with teams across the world. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future!
The ideal candidate will have business level proficiency in Korean and English and experience building relationships with internal and external teams, and the ability to deliver results. The person must be flexible and action-oriented, capable of dealing with ambiguity, have strong analytical skills, and be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our culture is that of a start-up, obsesses over customers and loves using data to guide decisions and prioritization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and implement intellectual property (IP) enforcement strategies and identify innovative solutions to achieve brand protection goals.
- Search and monitor marketplaces, websites, social media, and domain names for infringements, counterfeits, and unauthorized use of IP.
- Conduct research and investigations, gather evidence for enforcement actions, determine authenticity of products, and coordinate with internal and external counsel, as necessary.
- Initiate take-down and enforcement requests using third party monitoring and brand protection tools and marketplace complaint systems.
- Monitor compliance to standardized procedures and best practices and creates new policies and processes as needed.
- Work with customs agencies globally on seizures and other anti-counterfeiting activities.
Desire Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of brand protection experience.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in consumer products and international experiences preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills that can be used to identify patterns, outliers and opportunities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams preferred.
- Experience with various current brand protection technologies.
- Knowledge of e-commerce business practices and retail trends both on and offline.
- Business level proficiency in Korea preferred.
- Working knowledge of IP law including trademarks, copyrights, and patents.
- Experience with IP rights enforcement and anti-counterfeiting activities including initiating take-down requests on third party marketplaces preferred.
- Familiarity with third party monitoring and brand protection tools and vendors.
- Knowledge of eCommerce business practices and minimum advertising price (MAP) policy compliance issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Well-developed analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage shifting priorities.
- Ability to build relationships with internal/external partners at all levels of the organization.
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Job Status: Full Time